The elected officers of Alpha Sigma Tau are the National Council.
2014-2016 National Council
National President – Tiffany Street, Delta Mu
National Vice President – Erika McManus Bukva, Delta Rho
National Vice President – Emma Bunnell Rice, Phi (Collegian)
National Vice President – Beth Carney Ebberman, Phi
National Vice President – Jamie Jones Miller, Psi
National Vice President – Kristin Walker, Ph.D., Alpha Lambda
The National Council leads the Sorority in developing and meeting strategic initiatives based on our core values of Intellect, Excellence, Graciousness, Respect, and Connections. These core values guide the operations and decisions of the Sorority. The Strategic Areas of Focus of the Sorority are: Membership Development, Growth and Retention, Member Engagement, Financial Management and Infrastructure.
The Sorority is governed by a strategic board. At the 39th National Convention, the Sorority moved from a group of nine “silo” type-positions to a National Council with one President and five Vice Presidents, one of which must be collegian at the time of election, and the Executive Director who will focus on the values, mission and strategic advancement of the Sorority as a whole.
The duties of the National Council are to:
- Fulfill all provisions in the governing documents
- Provide strategic planning – vision/direction/prioritization
- Hire, supervise, discipline, and terminate the Executive Director
- Provide proper financial oversight
- Establish policy; define and uphold values and customs
- Enhance the Sorority’s internal and public image
- Determine and monitor the organization’s programs and services
- Ensure adequate human and financial resources
- Evaluate itself, the organization’s outcomes, and the Executive Director at least annually