The elected officers of Alpha Sigma Tau are the National Council.
Meet the 2012-2014 National Council and NPC Delegate and learn a bit more about who they are beyond their Alpha Sigma Tau role by watching this short video: Meet the National Council
National President – Chris Covington, Alpha Lambda
National Vice President – Tammy Bonifield, Beta Xi
National Vice President – Jamie Jones Miller, Psi
National Vice President – Tiffany Street, Delta Mu
National Vice President – Kristin Walker, Alpha Lambda
National Vice President (Collegian) – Alli Miller, Phi
The National Council leads the Sorority in developing and meeting strategic initiatives based on our core values of Intellect, Excellence, Graciousness, Respect and Connections. These core values guide the operations and decisions of the Sorority. The six strategic areas of focus for 2010-2015 are: Member Development, Growth and Retention, Communication and Marketing, Alumnae Member Engagement, Infrastructure, and Maximizing Financial Resources.
At the 38th National Convention in June 2010, the convention body adopted new governing documents re-structuring the National Council and its focus effective at the 39th National Convention in June 2012 to a strategic board. At the 39th National Convention, the Sorority moved from a group of nine “silo” type-positions to a National Council with one President and five Vice Presidents, one of which must be collegian at the time of election, and the Executive Director who will focus on the values, mission and strategic advancement of the Sorority as a whole.
The duties of the National Council are to:
- Fulfill all provisions in the governing documents
- Provide strategic planning – vision/direction/prioritization
- Hire, supervise, discipline, and terminate the Executive Director
- Provide proper financial oversight
- Establish policy; define and uphold values and customs
- Enhance the Sorority’s internal and public image
- Determine and monitor the organization’s programs and services
- Ensure adequate human and financial resources
- Evaluate itself, the organization’s outcomes, and the Executive Director at least annually