Establish an Alumnae Chapter or Association
Alpha Sigma Tau recognizes two types of alumnae groups; alumnae chapters or alumnae associations. Recognized alumnae chapters and alumnae associations shall be grouped into regions. Alumnae chapters must be located in a designated geographic area. Alumnae associations are not required to be located in a designated geographic area. In addition to the information located below, if you would like more information please contact Alpha Sigma Tau Headquarters.
In order to obtain alumnae chapter or alumnae association status, an interest group shall:
- Select format: chapter or alumnae association.
- Establish a calendar outlining the frequency, dates/times and locations of future meetings/activities depending on the type of association.
- Hold election of officers according to the type of association.
- Submit required reports and bylaws according to the type of association.
- Collect national alumnae dues for all members.
- All interested alumnae should sign the Petition Report, which shall be submitted to the National Headquarters with the Petition Fee (if required.)
- If the group selects the Chapter format, an installation ceremony should be planned at which time the association receives its charter.
Alumnae Chapter Requirements:
- All national financial obligations are met, including the establishment of a bank account and convention fund, and National Alumnae Dues are collected for each member.
- All required reports are submitted.
- A minimum of seven business meetings and events are held each year and Founders Day is observed.
- A local philanthropy is supported and a donation is made to the Alpha Sigma Tau National Foundation.
- Chapter officers are elected: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Historian, Chaplain, Editor and Alumnae Panhellenic Delegate.
- A chapter delegate attends National Convention.
Alumnae Association Requirements:
- All national financial obligations are met and National Alumnae Dues are collected for each member.
- All required reports are submitted: National Dues Report, Alumnae Associations Mid-Year Report, and Alumnae Associations Annual Report.
- A minimum of three meetings or activities are held each year, which may be in-person or virtual, and Founders Day is observed.
- Association officers are elected: President, Treasurer, Secretary and Activities Chairman.