Be an Educational Consultant
Educational Consultants are recent college graduates and members of Alpha Sigma Tau who provide support to our new and established collegiate chapters. These women are genuine, adaptive, confident, relationship-focused, and effective communicators. Depending on the needs of the organization, Educational Consultants may work with and travel to assigned client chapters, be based on a campus to assist with the establishment of a new chapter or to provide continued support, or a combination of those needs. As an Educational Consultant, you will gain valuable career skills that you can draw from throughout your life.
Educational Consultant appointments are for a one-year term, with an opportunity to return for a second year based on performance. Educational Consultants begin training in the summer and travel from August to May.
What does an Educational Consultant do?
Educational Consultants commonly:
- Assess operations of a collegiate chapter.
- Possess expertise in Alpha Sigma Tau and National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) expectations and policies.
- Value and maintain relationships with various stakeholders including collegians, alumnae, volunteers, and university personnel.
- Support chapter growth through short- and long-term action planning.
- Assist collegians with innovating and managing change within their chapters.
- Facilitate programming with collegiate chapters in an identified area of need.
- Complete visit reports and other administrative tasks.
- Practice personal life balance while on the road.
What you’ll need to apply
- Completed Alpha Sigma Tau Employment Application Form
- Letter of Interest
- College transcript
- Responses to the following questions:
Describe a complex situation in which you had to learn a lot quickly. How did you go about learning and how successful were the outcomes?
Describe your successful experiences with Panhellenic recruitment.
Describe your method of organization. What do you do to be organized and what, if anything, do you feel you ought to do to be better organized?
Describe the type of work environment you enjoy most. What personality types do you find easiest to work with? What personality types irritate you?
How do you manage stress and maintain a balanced life? What do you need to do every day to feel good?
Why are you the best candidate to deliver measured results for Alpha Sigma Tau?
Our team will be hosting two information sessions this fall to help you prepare for the application and interview process:
November 6, 2017 at 7 p.m. ET
November 16, 2017 at 9 p.m. ET
We also hope to help you gain a complete understanding of the position, benefits, and expectations. Each information session will be one hour each.
Come prepared with lots of questions! We want you to be the most prepared for the application process and the job!
Please join our info session from your computer, tablet or smartphone: