Be an Educational Consultant
Educational Consultants are recent college graduates and members of Alpha Sigma Tau who provide support to our new and established collegiate chapters. These women are genuine, adaptive, confident, relationship-focused, and effective communicators. Depending on the needs of the organization, Educational Consultants may work with and travel to assigned client chapters, be based on a campus to assist with the establishment of a new chapter or to provide continued support, or a combination of those needs. As an Educational Consultant, you will gain valuable career skills that you can draw from throughout your life.
Educational Consultant appointments are for a one-year term, with an opportunity to return for a second year based on performance. Educational Consultants begin training in the summer and travel from August to May.
What does an Educational Consultant do?
Educational Consultants commonly:
- Assess operations of a collegiate chapter.
- Possess expertise in Alpha Sigma Tau and National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) expectations and policies.
- Value and maintain relationships with various stakeholders including collegians, alumnae, volunteers, and university personnel.
- Support chapter growth through short- and long-term action planning.
- Assist collegians with innovating and managing change within their chapters.
- Facilitate programming with collegiate chapters in an identified area of need.
- Complete visit reports and other administrative tasks.
- Practice personal life balance while on the road.
What you’ll need to apply
- Completed Alpha Sigma Tau Employment Application Form
- Letter of Interest
- College transcript
- Responses to the following questions:
Describe a complex situation in which you had to learn a lot, quickly. How did you go about learning, and how successful were the outcomes
Describe your successful experiences with Panhellenic recruitment.
Describe your understanding of accountability and why it is important to you. Why is accountability important in a group setting
Describe a time where you had to work within a team to accomplish a goal and encountered a roadblock. What role did you take to ensure the team succeeded despite a challenge?
You are working with a chapter whose Executive Committee has expressed some concerns about communication within the committee. The President has described how this a lack of communication between Executive Committee members is impacting the chapter as a whole. As the Educational Consultant, what information would you want to know to help the Executive Committee solve this issue? Who would you involve to the officers help solve the issue? Why is effective communication important among Executive Committee officers?
Why are you the best candidate to deliver measured results for Alpha Sigma Tau?