One sexual assault is one too many.
“The simple truth is that sexual assault has been an issue on campuses for a long time. The time has come that as women, we do something about keeping ourselves – and our Sisters and friends – safe. That’s why we’re offering Not Anymore.”
– Tiffany K. Street, Delta Mu, National President
The Truth About Sexual Violence on Campus
- More than a third of female college seniors report that since starting college, they had experienced some kind of nonconsensual sexual contact at least once.*
- 43% of college women who date report having experienced violent or abusive dating behaviors at some point in their lives.+
- 58% of college students say that they wouldn’t know how to help someone who is experiencing dating violence.+
It used to be that sexual violence was largely ignored, and sometimes excused, on college campuses. Not Anymore!
Sexual Violence Must End.
Alpha Sigma Tau knows that just one sexual assault is one too many. As a women’s organization, Alpha Sigma Tau is committed to being a leader in ending sexual violence. That is why we are proud to partner with Student Success, one of the nation’s leading online education organizations, to provide Not Anymore to our members and the volunteers who work with them.
What is Not Anymore?
Not Anymore is an engaging online program designed to educate members on sexual assault and relationship violence. It uses honest and compelling video tutorials to educate members and volunteers about consent, sexual assault, bystander intervention, and healthy relationships.
Not Anymore is:
Peer-driven: Participants aren’t lectured to by experts or detached adults. Instead, they are engaged by their peers – young college women just like them who share their real stories in their own words to make vital connections about difficult topics.
Real and Relatable: Not Anymore’s videos teach lessons that are drawn from the real world; they are honest, down-to-earth, and directly apply to the world of today’s college women.
Relevant: Women aged 18-24 who are enrolled in college are three times more likely than women in general to suffer from sexual violence. It is likely that members and volunteers will know someone who will experience sexual assault during their time in college. Not Anymore is customized with campus- and nationally-based resources to equip our members to get help for themselves or a friend.
Benefits of Not Anymore
Members who fully engage in the Not Anymore program will learn:
- Sexual assault is never the survivor’s fault; only the perpetrator is to blame.
- Their bodies are their own, and sexual consent is theirs to give or withdraw at any time.
- How to reduce the risk of sexual assault as a bystander.
- How drugs and alcohol increase the risk of sexual assault.
- What to do if they or someone they know are the survivor of sexual assault.
- How to have healthy relationships and identify red flags in unhealthy relationships.
This program is made possible by a generous grant from the Alpha Sigma Tau Foundation.
* Report on the AAU Campus Climate Survey on Sexual Assault and Sexual Misconduct, Westat/The Association of American Universities, 2015
+ College Dating Violence and Abuse Poll, Knowledge Networks/Liz Claiborne Inc., 2011