2018 Scholarship Applications Now Available!
Interested in applying for a 2018 scholarship from the Alpha Sigma Tau National Foundation? All applications will be submitted through Alpha Sigma Tau’s newest service provider, SmarterSelect.
All materials for the application must be submitted through SmarterSelect and received in full by the application deadline of Friday, May 4, 2018.
Just follow these easy steps:
Select the scholarship(s) for which you are eligible and interested in applying.
All general, chapter-specific, and field of study scholarships share the same application making applying for multiple awards easier than ever.
Click the link below of the scholarship you are applying for and you’ll be taken to a login screen.
Use your Alpha Sigma Tau (GINsystem, Officer Portal, AΣT Connect) login credentials to sign in and complete your application.
Don’t have Alpha Sigma Tau account login credentials? Click here to create: SIGN UP.
The Foundation offers 53 undergraduate and graduate scholarships to collegiate and alumnae members of Alpha Sigma Tau. Information regarding these scholarships and the application process are distributed to all collegiate and alumnae members via email and social media in the spring of each year.
The Foundation Scholarship Committee evaluates applications on the basis of financial need, scholastic achievement, Sorority and campus involvement, and letters of recommendation. All candidates are evaluated equally. The committee then submits its recommendations to the Foundation Board of Directors.
Chapter Scholarships and 2018 Award Amounts
- Alpha Lambda Chapter Scholarship – $1,000
- Alpha Rho Chapter-Louise Einstein Scholarship – $600
- Beta Eta Chapter – Emma Caserotti Memorial Scholarship – $500
- Beta Mu Chapter Scholarship – $500
- Beta Omega Chapter Scholarship – $500
- Beta Pi Chapter Scholarship – $1,000
- Delta Chapter Scholarship – $1,000
- Delta Beta Chapter Scholarship – $1,500
- Delta Nu Chapter Scholarship – $2,500
- Delta Tau Chapter Scholarship – $1,000
- Epsilon Alpha Chapter Scholarship – $500
- Gamma Gamma Chapter – Melinda Henry Oates Scholarship – $500
- Gamma Iota Chapter – Kimberly Kahmer Scholarship – $500
- Gamma Pi Chapter – $500
- Gamma Theta Chapter Scholarship – $500
- Omicron Chapter Scholarship – $1,000
- Phi Chapter – Southeastern Louisiana Alumnae Chapter Scholarship – $1,000
- Psi Chapter Scholarship – $1,000
- Psi Chapter – Sara Yakovac Scholarship – $250
- Sigma Chapter – Lois Anne Cooke Scholarship – $2,000 (2 awards)
- Zeta Chapter – Denny Strouse Scholarship – $1,000
2018 Founders Day of Giving Chapter Challenge Scholarships and Award Amounts
- Delta Nu Chapter – $3,000
- Alpha Lambda Chapter – $2,000
- Phi Chapter – $1,000
- Psi Chapter – $1,000
- Gamma Theta Chapter – $1,000
- Delta Rho Chapter – $1,000
Field of Study Scholarships and 2018 Award Amounts
- Carrie Washburne Staehle Scholarship – $2,000
Classic modern language study, advancing skills in spoken or written languages
- Charlotte Evans Floyd Scholarship – $2,000
- DonnaMarie Grenier Scholarship – $1,000
- Sara H. Cree Scholarship – $500
Health or physical education
- Edith Minerva Elliott Scholarship – $1,000
Mathematics or science
- Ferne Shumate Phipps Scholarship – $1,500
- June E. McCarthy Scholarship – $1,500
- Mary Ellen Willmitch Scholarship – $1,000
- Michele L. Golob Scholarship – $2,500
Graduate student in final year of an ACPE recognized Doctorate of Pharmacy program (PharmD)
- Nannie Rudd Evans Scholarship – $500
Dietetics or science
- Nayle Family Scholarship – $1,000
Initiated member who is the daughter of an active duty or honorably discharged Veteran in any of the Armed Forces; alumna who is active duty or honorably discharged Veteran in any of the Armed Forces; or daughter of an active duty or honorably discharged Veteran (whether the Veteran is a member of Alpha Sigma Tau or her spouse).
- St. Louis Alumnae Chapter Scholarship – $1,000
- Thomas J. King Jr. Scholarship – $1,000
Special Interest Scholarships and 2018 Award Amount
- Martha Drouyor Belknap DeCamp Outstanding Philanthropy Scholarship – $1,000
Applicant must be motivated by her desire “to contribute to the progress of mankind” and have demonstrated leadership ability to involve others in philanthropic endeavors.
General Scholarships and 2018 Award Amounts
- Effie E. Lyman Memorial Academic Scholarship – $2,000 (3 awards)
- Elizabeth Wilson/Dorothy Bennett Robinson Scholarship – $1,000
- Karen J. Beggs Scholarship – $500
- Lenore Seibel King Scholarship – $2,000
- Lois Schweikart O’Dell Scholarship – $500
- Mary Charles Adams Ashby Scholarship – $1,000
- Meda Ray Elliott Sewell Scholarship – $1,000
- Rose Marie Schmidt Scholarship – $3,000