Membership in Alpha Sigma Tau transcends the traditional college experience. Through our Alumnae Initiation Program, the Sorority welcomes all outstanding women who live our core values and seek out a lifelong Sisterhood experience to join Alpha Sigma Tau as alumnae members.
You do not need to be in college to join.
Over the years, we have welcomed many family members, friends, mentors, and other exceptional women into our bonds of Sisterhood. Women who are initiated as alumnae, without having been a collegiate member, have all the same rights, responsibilities, and privileges as those women who were initiated as undergraduates.
If you or someone you know is interested in becoming an alumna member of Alpha Sigma Tau, please contact your nearest collegiate or alumnae chapter. To find your nearest collegiate or alumnae chapter, please visit our Find a Chapter page.
Advantages to Becoming an Alumna Initiate:
- Mentorship – as a member of a Chapter Advisory Board or as an involved alumna, the opportunity to mentor young women through their collegiate experience.
- Alumnae Chapter or Association Membership – the opportunity to make new friends and establish a close network of sisters
- Networking – a world full of sisters ready and willing to lend a hand
- Volunteer Experience – the opportunity to make a difference and have a lasting effect on the National Sorority
- Professional Development – the opportunity to develop leadership skills through volunteer roles
- The Anchor – subscription to the Sorority’s magazine, which is sent to all dues-paying alumnae members
- Lifetime of “Contributing Our Share to the Progress of Mankind” – the opportunity to give back by participating in service projects within the local community or by supporting the Alpha Sigma Tau National Foundation
- National Panhellenic Conference – membership with the umbrella organization of 26 inter/national women’s organizations and an opportunity to participate in local Alumnae Panhellenic Associations
- Member Benefits – opportunity to participate in members-only benefit programs with Alpha Sigma Tau’s partners, such as Nationwide Insurance
- You must receive a formal invitation from Alpha Sigma Tau Sorority for Initiation as an alumna member.
- Your membership must be approved by the National Council at a 2/3 vote or by a collegiate chapter in accordance with membership selection voting requirement.
- You must meet all financial obligations to the National Sorority (see below).
- You must not be an initiated member of another National Panhellenic Conference member group.
One-time fees for 2016-2017 academic year include:
- Alumnae Initiation fee of $140
- Badge fee, styles and prices range from $75 – $358
Annual financial responsibilities include:
- Alumnae Dues of $40/year are due every June 1.