Alpha Sigma Tau welcomes women who embody the Sorority’s values – Intellect, Excellence, Graciousness, Respect, and Connections. We seek women who strive for excellence in all they do, and aspire to enrich their own lives and the lives of others.
Alpha Sigma Tau Sisters:
- Live our values every day.
- Hold themselves to the highest ethical, cultural, social, and professional standards.
- Are committed to personal and professional growth, and becoming the best versions of themselves.
- Are dedicated to their communities and give back through philanthropy and service.
Additional Collegiate Membership Requirements:
To meet our standards of membership, an individual must:
- Be an undergraduate student at a college or university where Alpha Sigma Tau has a chapter.
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale. (Local GPA requirements may be higher.)
- Meet all financial obligations to the National Sorority and her chapter.
- Not be, or ever have been, an initiated member of another sorority in the National Panhellenic Conference.
Position Statement on Nondiscrimination:
Alpha Sigma Tau Sorority is a private membership organization. For membership selection purposes, only women who meet and maintain the requirements and obligations as set forth by the Sorority shall be eligible for membership.
Alpha Sigma Tau Sorority does not discriminate in its membership selection on the basis of race, religious affiliation, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical disability. Qualification for membership in Alpha Sigma Tau is based on six fundamental standards: scholarship, leadership, community service, character, personal development, and financial responsibility. Potential members are extended an equal opportunity to seek membership in the Sorority.
Further, Alpha Sigma Tau Sorority is committed to enhancing and appreciating diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious affiliation, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, physical disability or other characteristic protected by federal law. Membership in Alpha Sigma Tau is open to women and transgender persons who identify as women. Males are excluded from membership as provided by Title IX, 20 E.S.C §1681 (a)(6)(A), which pertains to social fraternities and sororities.