Congratulations to our 2020 recipeints!
Every year the Alpha Sigma Tau Foundation awards scholarships to aid Sisters in their academic pursuits. The 2020 scholarship cycle is now closed, but stay tuned for information about our next scholarship cycle and application.
In the meantime, click here to meet the 35 Alpha Sigma Tau members who received scholarship support this year.
To qualify for an Alpha Sigma Tau Scholarship, you must:
- Be a member in good standing financially, academically, and behaviorally (Pyszka Scholarship open to non-members)
- Have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Fully complete the entire General Scholarship Application, including all necessary attachments
- Be enrolled in a degree-seeking program at a four-year accredited institution in the Spring 2021 semester
What to Know Before You Begin
- Once you begin an application, you can save and return to it later.
- You must complete the General Application to be considered for any award. Some awards have additional application components. Each award and its criteria are listed below.
- Reference letters are required and are submitted directly by your references to your application. You will include your references’ names and email addresses. They will receive a direct link to load their letter to your application. This is the only way your reference letters will be received so enter that information early to allow references ample time to complete their portion of the application.
- Some portions of the application are open-ended text box responses and other portions require uploads of documentation. Consider creating your open-ended responses in advance to avoid proof-reading errors.
- The due date for all materials is January 15, 2021.
Special Interest Scholarships
Martha Drouyor Belknap DeCamp Outstanding Philanthropy Scholarship – $2,000
Applicant must be motivated by her desire “to contribute to the progress of mankind” and have demonstrated leadership ability to involve others in philanthropic endeavors.
Nayle Family Scholarship – $1,000
Applicant must be an initiated member who is the daughter of an active-duty or honorably discharged Veteran in any of the Armed Forces; an alumna who is active duty or honorably discharged Veteran in any of the Armed Forces; or the daughter of an active-duty or honorably discharged Veteran (whether the Veteran is a member of Alpha Sigma Tau or her spouse).
Michael Pyszka Scholarship – $1,000
Applicant must be an undergraduate student in their study abroad semester. Eligibility is open to collegiate members of Alpha Sigma Tau and the children and grandchildren of Alpha Sigma Tau alumnae members.
Michele L. Golob Scholarship– $2,500
Applicant must be a graduate student in the final year of an ACPE recognized Doctor of Pharmacy program (PharmD).
Epsilon Mu Chapter – Lois Anne Cooke Scholarship – $2,000 (2 awards available)
Applicant must be a collegiate member of the Epsilon Mu Chapter at SUNY Buffalo.
Epsilon Rho Chapter – Lois Anne Cooke Scholarship – $2,000 (2 awards available)
Applicant must be a collegiate member of the Epsilon Rho Chapter at SUNY Geneseo.
Awards Through the General Scholarship Application
Chapter Scholarships and 2020 Award Amounts
- Alpha Lambda Chapter Scholarship – $1,000
- Beta Eta Chapter – Emma Caserotti Memorial Scholarship – $1,000
- Beta Mu Chapter Scholarship – $1,000
- Beta Omega Chapter Scholarship – $1,000
- Beta Pi Chapter Scholarship – $1,000
- Delta Chapter Scholarship – $1,000
- Delta Beta Chapter Scholarship – $1,500
- Delta Nu Chapter Scholarship –$2,000 (4 awards available)
- Delta Tau Chapter Scholarship – $1,000
- Delta Phi Chapter Scholarship – $2,000
- Epsilon Alpha Chapter – Brittani Fussinger Berg Scholarship – $1,000
- Gamma Gamma Chapter – Melinda Henry Oates Scholarship – $1,000
- Gamma Pi Chapter – $1,000
- Gamma Theta Chapter Scholarship – $1,000
- Omicron Chapter Scholarship –$1,000 (2 awards available)
- Phi Chapter – Southeastern Louisiana Alumnae Chapter Scholarship – $1,000 (2 awards available)
- Psi Chapter Scholarship – $1,000
- Zeta Chapter – Denny Strouse Scholarship – $1,000
2019 Founders Day of Giving Chapter Challenge Scholarships and Award Amounts
- Delta Nu Chapter – $3,000
- Psi Chapter – $2,000
- Alpha Lambda Chapter – $1,000
Field of Study Scholarships and 2020 Award Amounts
- Carrie Washburne Staehle Scholarship – $1,000
Classic modern language study, advancing skills in spoken or written languages
- Charlotte Evans Floyd Scholarship – $2,000
- DonnaMarie Grenier Scholarship – $1,000
- Ferne Shumate Phipps Scholarship – $1,000
- June E. McCarthy Scholarship – $1,000
- Mary Ellen Willmitch Scholarship – $1,000
- Nannie Rudd Evans Scholarship – $1,000
Dietetics or science
- St. Louis Alumnae Chapter Scholarship – $1,000
- Thomas J. King Jr. Scholarship – $1,000
General Scholarships and 2020 Award Amounts
- Christina Covington Scholarship – $2,000
- Elizabeth Wilson/Dorothy Bennett Robinson Scholarship – $1,000
- Founders Scholarship – $2,000 (4 awards available)
- Karen J. Beggs Scholarship – $1,000
- Lenore Seibel King Scholarship – $2,000
- Mary Charles Adams Ashby Scholarship – $1,000
- Rose Marie Schmidt Scholarship – $4,000
Questions? Please email email@example.com