The application is now open for scholarships through the Alpha Sigma Tau Foundation for the 2019-2020 academic year.
More than $65,000 in awards are available to any collegiate or alumnae member of Alpha Sigma Tau pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited university in the fall 2019 semester.
All materials for the application must be submitted through SmarterSelect and received in full by the application deadline.
The deadline for applications is September 30, 2019.
Scholarship awards will be distributed before the completion of the fall 2019 semester.
All general, chapter-specific, and field of study scholarships share the same application, making applying for multiple awards easier than ever.
Completion of the General Application will qualify you for consideration of all awards you may be eligible for.
Additional applications are only required for consideration of the following:
- Michele L. Golob Scholarship
- Nayle Family Scholarship
- Lois Anne Cooke Scholarship for Sigma Chapter Members
- Martha Drouyor Belknap DeCamp Outstanding Philanthropy Scholarship
Apply today or share with another Alpha Sigma Tau collegiate or alumnae member who will be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in the fall 2019 semester.
Chapter Scholarships and 2019 Award Amounts
- Alpha Lambda Chapter Scholarship – $1,000
- Beta Eta Chapter – Emma Caserotti Memorial Scholarship – $1,000
- Beta Mu Chapter Scholarship – $1,000
- Beta Omega Chapter Scholarship – $1,000
- Beta Pi Chapter Scholarship – $1,000
- Delta Chapter Scholarship – $1,000
- Delta Beta Chapter Scholarship – $1,500
- Delta Nu Chapter Scholarship – $2,500
- Delta Tau Chapter Scholarship – $1,000
- Epsilon Alpha Chapter Scholarship – $1,000
- Gamma Gamma Chapter – Melinda Henry Oates Scholarship – $1,000
- Gamma Iota Chapter – Kimberly Kahmer Scholarship – $500
- Gamma Pi Chapter – $1,000
- Gamma Theta Chapter Scholarship – $1,000
- Omicron Chapter Scholarship – $1,000
- Phi Chapter – Southeastern Louisiana Alumnae Chapter Scholarship – $1,000
- Psi Chapter Scholarship – $1,000
- Psi Chapter – Sara Yakovac Scholarship – $1,000
- Sigma Chapter – Lois Anne Cooke Scholarship – $2,000 (2 awards)
- Zeta Chapter – Denny Strouse Scholarship – $1,000
2018 Founders Day of Giving Chapter Challenge Scholarships and Award Amounts
- Psi Chapter – $3,000
- Delta Nu Chapter – $2,000
- Alpha Lambda Chapter – $1,000
- Gamma Tau Chapter – $1,000
- Gamma Gamma Chapter – $1,000
Field of Study Scholarships and 2019 Award Amounts
- Carrie Washburne Staehle Scholarship – $1,000
Classic modern language study, advancing skills in spoken or written languages
- Charlotte Evans Floyd Scholarship – $2,000
- DonnaMarie Grenier Scholarship – $1,000
- Ferne Shumate Phipps Scholarship – $1,500
- June E. McCarthy Scholarship – $2,000
- Mary Ellen Willmitch Scholarship – $1,000
- Michele L. Golob Scholarship – $2,500
Graduate student in the final year of an ACPE recognized Doctorate of Pharmacy program (PharmD)
- Nannie Rudd Evans Scholarship – $1,000
Dietetics or science
- St. Louis Alumnae Chapter Scholarship – $1,000
- Thomas J. King Jr. Scholarship – $1,000
Special Interest Scholarships and 2019 Award Amount
- Martha Drouyor Belknap DeCamp Outstanding Philanthropy Scholarship – $1,500
Applicant must be motivated by her desire “to contribute to the progress of mankind” and have demonstrated leadership ability to involve others in philanthropic endeavors.
- Nayle Family Scholarship – $1,000
Initiated member who is the daughter of an active duty or honorably discharged Veteran in any of the Armed Forces; alumna who is active duty or honorably discharged Veteran in any of the Armed Forces; or daughter of an active duty or honorably discharged Veteran (whether the Veteran is a member of Alpha Sigma Tau or her spouse).
General Scholarships and 2019 Award Amounts
- Effie E. Lyman Memorial Academic Scholarship – $2,000 (3 awards)
- Elizabeth Wilson/Dorothy Bennett Robinson Scholarship – $1,000
- Founders Scholarship – $2,000 (2 awards)
- Karen J. Beggs Scholarship – $1,000
- Lenore Seibel King Scholarship – $2,000
- Mary Charles Adams Ashby Scholarship – $1,000
- Rose Marie Schmidt Scholarship – $4,000
About Scholarships from the Alpha Sigma Tau National Foundation
The Foundation currently offers 53 undergraduate and graduate scholarships to collegiate and alumnae members of Alpha Sigma Tau. Information regarding these scholarships and the application process are distributed to all collegiate and alumnae members via email and social media in the spring of each year.
The Foundation Scholarship Committee evaluates applications on the basis of financial need, scholastic achievement, Sorority and campus involvement, and letters of recommendation. All candidates are evaluated equally. The committee then submits its recommendations to the Foundation Board of Directors.
Questions? Please email email@example.com