Advisor Academy 2023: Featuring Emotional Intelligence
Join your fellow Alpha Sigma Tau Chapter Advisory Board members for a collaborative, multi-faceted leadership development opportunity focusing on emotional intelligence.
Saturday, February 18, 2023
Emotions are present in everything we think, do, and say in all aspects of our lives. And as an advisor working with collegiate members, you’re often coaching college students through highly emotional, confusing, or complex situations.
Emotional intelligence (EQ) is how we handle our own emotions and react to others. As you take part in Advisor Academy 2023, which focuses on EQ, you’ll be equipped with the knowledge, skills, and resources to be more effective as an advisor, as a professional, and in your personal relationships.
This experience is for any Alpha Sigma Tau Chapter Advisory Board members who wish to enhance their emotional intelligence and improve their leadership skills.
EQ taps into a fundamental element of human behavior that is distinct from your intellect and personality. It affects how you manage your behavior, navigate social complexities, and make personal decisions that achieve positive results.
After Advisor Academy, you can expect to:
- Communicate more effectively
- Handle stress and conflict productively
- Be a better team member
- Navigate change more effectively
What to expect
Certified TalentSmart facilitator Jenni Kemmery (Delta 1995/IUP) will deliver Mastering Emotional Intelligence Level 1. This leadership development opportunity will include an individual self-assessment as pre-work before the event. All participants will be expected to complete a self-assessment that will be used for the program by February 12, 2023. Instructions for completing the self-assessment will be shared the week of February 6.
Participants can expect to:
- Increase their Emotional Quotient (EQ) through engaging and relevant exercises
- Measure their EQ and discover how to improve each of the four critical emotional intelligence skills
- Understand the business case for EQ, including the integral connection between EQ and job performance
- Adopt proven strategies and best practices that are customized to them during the day-long experience
Schedule and Accommodation
- Friday, February 17: Welcome Reception (optional) – 7-9 p.m. ET, location TBD
- Saturday, February 18: Mastering Emotional Intelligence Level 1, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET
Following Saturday’s program, we will coordinate a group reservation for those wanting to stay for dinner. Dinner will be at the participant’s expense.
A block of hotel rooms has been reserved at the Hilton Harrisburg at a rate of $159 per night plus tax. The room rate includes parking. The daily parking rate is $5 for non-hotel guests.
Reservations may be made by visiting this group booking link. The room block is available through February 3.
Registration is available on a first-come, first-serve basis and is limited to 40 attendees.
The registration fee for Advisor Academy is $100 per participant. Travel, accommodations, and some meals are at the participant’s expense. A Friday evening reception, Saturday breakfast, and Saturday lunch are included.
Participants will receive:
- Mastering Emotional Intelligence Level 1 Insight and Action Guide Program Workbook
- An online self-assessment of your own emotional intelligence
- A copy of Emotional Intelligence 2.0 by Dr. Jean Greaves and Dr. Travis Bradberry
- 66 Strategies to Train My EQ Brain resource guide
- A professional facilitator to guide the group and individuals through their learning process
- A personalized EQ action plan
- A hosted reception on Friday evening and hosted lunch on Saturday
For questions, please contact Angie Bong, Chief Operating Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 3147-613-7229.