The elected officers of Alpha Sigma Tau are the National Council. The National Council consists of one President and five Vice Presidents, one of whom must be a collegian at the time of election. In fact, Alpha Sigma Tau is proud to be the first and only NPC organization with a collegian as a voting member of the National Council!
Meet the 2020-2022 National Council
National Vice President
A founding member of her collegiate chapter, Cassidy Nulty (Alpha Psi 2016/Northern Iowa) was originally elected to the National Council to serve as the National Vice President (Collegian). In 2020, she was re-elected to the National Council to serve in the role as an alumna member.
Role of the National Council
Guided by our core values, the National Council leads the Sorority in developing and meeting strategic initiatives. Using data and trends, they establish strategic priorities to advance Alpha Sigma Tau and ensure its relevance to members in today’s ever-changing society.
As the Sorority’s governing body, they’re responsible for the following:
- Fulfill all provisions in the governing documents
- Provide strategic planning along with the vision, direction, and prioritization of Sorority initiatives
- Hire, supervise, and (if necessary) discipline and terminate the Chief Executive Officer, who implements the goals and strategies of the National Council and the advancement of the Sorority as a whole
- Provide proper financial oversight
- Establish policy that defines and upholds the Sorority’s values and customs
- Enhance the Sorority’s internal and public image
- Determine and monitor the organization’s programs and services
- Ensure adequate human and financial resources
- Evaluate itself, the organization’s outcomes, and the Executive Director at least once annually
- Identify and develop leadership competencies of women who will be ready to serve the Sorority in various volunteer roles
Interested in learning more? Watch our “Preparing Yourself to Serve on the National Council” webinar!
National Council Elections Timeline
Inclusive. Lifelong learner. Strategic. Decisive. Accountable. Relationship-focused. Driven. Do these characteristics sound like you? Learn more about the qualities the National Nominations Committee seeks in National Council applicants.
- August 1, 2021: Incumbent Report released to the membership
- September 20, 2021: “Preparing Yourself to Serve on the National Council” Zoom event hosted
- October 2021: National Council applications launched
- January 23, 2022: National Council slated candidates announced
- June 2022: The 2022-2024 National Council elected at the 44th National Convention