Committees support the Sorority by executing strategic initiatives based on our core values. These volunteers generously give their time and talents to ensure that the Sorority can continue to fulfill its mission and vision.
Sorority Advisory Committee: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Established in July 2020, this iteration of the Sorority Advisory Committee focuses on the ongoing work of ensuring Alpha Sigma Tau is a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place of belonging for all women who meet our values and seek to Define Excellence.
The Nominations Committee is an Alpha Sigma Tau standing committee that is responsible for creating a slate of National Council candidates and presenting the slate at the Sorority’s National Convention. The Nominations Committee is composed of at least five alumnae members and two collegiate members. Below is our timeline for the appointment and work of the Nominations Committee:
- January 2021 – Information Sessions will be hosted and committee applications will be launched
- February 2021 – Nominations Committee will be appointed
- March – July 2021 – Nominations Committee Training
- August 1, 2021 – Incumbent Report Due
- October 2021 – National Council applications will be launched
The Governing Documents Committee is an Alpha Sigma Tau standing committee that is responsible for collecting and vetting proposed amendments to the Sorority’s governing documents that will be considered by the Convention body. The Governing Documents Committee is composed of at least five alumnae members and one collegiate member. Below is our timeline for the appointment and work of the Governing Documents Committee:
- May 2021 – Information Sessions will be hosted and committee applications will be launched
- June 2021 – Governing Documents Committee will be appointed
- July – August 2021 – Governing Documents Committee Training
- September 2021 – Open Governing Documents Revision Submission Process
- October 23, 2021 – Close Governing Documents Revision Submission Process