AΣT Excel: 2021 Cohort
Join a small group of Alpha Sigma Tau women for a collaborative, multi-faceted leadership development opportunity focusing on emotional intelligence.
The National Council consistently works to identify and develop the leadership competencies of women who will be ready to serve the Sorority in various volunteer roles. With that in mind, we are proud to announce we are now accepting applications for the AΣT Excel: 2021 Cohort (formerly known as “Emerging Leaders” and the “Summer Leadership Series”).
The cohort will kick off with a virtual, day-long event focused on enhancing emotional intelligence on Saturday, June 26, 2021. The Sorority is partnering with TalentSmart, a recognized leader in emotional intelligence training and education, to deliver Mastering Emotional Intelligence Level 1. This leadership development opportunity will include pre-and post-work, an individual assessment that includes 360-degree feedback opportunities, and implementing a plan for personal development.
Following the virtual day-long event, participants will participate in weekly virtual cohort sessions to expand on the lessons acquired from the initial training.
Participants can expect to:
- Increase their Emotional Quotient (EQ) through engaging and relevant exercises Measure their EQ and discover how to improve each of the four critical emotional intelligence skills
- Understand the business case for EQ, including the integral connection between EQ and job performance
- Adopt proven strategies and best practices that are customized to them during the day-long experience
What is Emotional Intelligence?
Emotions are present in everything you think, do, and say each day on the job, in your career, and throughout your life.
Emotional intelligence (EQ) is how you handle yourself and others. Your EQ taps into a fundamental element of human behavior that is distinct from your intellect and personality. It affects how you manage your behavior, navigate social complexities, and make personal decisions that achieve positive results.
People who develop their emotional intelligence communicate more effectively, handle stress and conflict productively, are better team players, are able to navigate change, and also perform at a higher level.
Who Should Apply?
This experience is for any Alpha Sigma Tau collegians and alumnae who wish to enhance their emotional intelligence and improve their leadership skills.
The Sorority is adopting a “pay as you are able” registration fee in order to provide access to as many members as possible by removing the cost barrier. The cost to the Sorority for this experience is $600 per participant.
Participants will receive:
- Mastering Emotional Intelligence Level 1 Insight and Action Guide Program Workbook
- An online self-assessment of your own emotional intelligence
- A 360° multi-rater assessment from others on their perceptions of your emotional intelligence
- A copy of Emotional Intelligence 2.0 by Dr. Jean Greaves and Dr. Travis Bradberry
- 66 Strategies to Train My EQ Brain resource guide
- A professional facilitator to guide the group and individuals through their learning process
- A personalized EQ action plan
On your application, please indicate what amount you are willing and able to contribute to help support the experience. Please note, your response to this question will not be considered in evaluating your application. Only selected applicants will be billed the amount they indicate they are able to contribute.
The deadline to apply is Thursday, April 1, 2021.