National Council Update – October 2022
October 11, 2022
- Tim Burke, a partner at Manley Burke and Fraternal Law Partners, facilitated a conversation with the National Council and Foundation Board about political activity, advocacy limits, and permissions related to 501c7 membership associations and 501c3 charitable organizations.
- Erika McManus Bukva (Delta Rho 2000/Chowan) and the Foundation Board shared plans for the upcoming Founders Day of Giving event.
- The National Council reviewed the Committee Terms of Reference and Expectations document and individual committee charge documents.
October 25, 2022
- The National Council accepted the fiscal year end 2022 reviewed financial statements prepared and presented by Blue and Co.
- The Council received an update on the progress of the DEI Committee training plan.
- Courtney Klein (Alpha Psi 2016/Northern Iowa) and Kristina Eaton (Gamma Delta 2000/UMass Dartmouth) were appointed as co-chairs of the DEI Committee.
- The National Council approved the request to relinquish the charter from the Delta Rho/Chowan Chapter.
- The Council debriefed the discussion with Tim Burke on nonprofit fraternal association legal implications with political activity and advocacy.
- The CEO provided an update on Alpha Sigma Tau and NPC growth initiatives.